13 Super Foods For Great Health and Weight Loss
It’s already May of 2013: How are your resolutions holding up? Good news is there is still time to sport a new you by December. If you’re one of the millions of people who promised to lose weight this year and haven’t, then you can start right now by eating these great foods for good health and weight loss. These are often called super foods since they are packed not just with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, but they also have the ability to fight and burn fats.
So let’s check the kitchen, make a list and go about making sure you have these foods within your reach the whole year.
As the saying goes “One step at a time takes you ever so closer to your goal..Standing still takes you further away! What are you waiting for?
1. Apples. We often hear “an apple a day keeps the doctor away.” But an apple a day can make you slimmer too! Studies show that eating apples prevents metabolic syndrome. That is a condition when you have too much belly fat to the point that it resembles the shape of an apple.
2. Eggs. They have been reputed to be loaded with cholesterol, but it’s just a myth. Studies show that having scrambled eggs in the morning helps regulate your blood sugar and curb your appetite throughout the day.
3. High Fibre Cereal. Eating good foods for weight loss such as having a high-fibre cereal for breakfast will significantly help you in your weight loss goals. A bowl of good cereal will not only keep your metabolism healthy, but also help you eat less throughout the day.
4. Avocados. True, these fruits are rich in fat, but they’re good fats. An avocado contains fats that are healthy for the heart and also induces satiety.
5. Green tea. Good food for weight loss doesn’t just mean solid foods; inclusion of healthy beverages in your diet will also help you lose weight fast. Green tea is rich in antioxidants and substances called Catechins that enable the body to burn fat faster.
6. Salmon. Like avocados, salmon also contains fats that are good for the heart. For weight loss, these fishes also are also rich in omega 3 fatty acids which increase the body’s sensitivity to insulin.
7. Chillies. They don’t only spice up your dishes, but also your metabolism. Because chillies contain capsaicin, a compound which prompts thermogenic effect, the body is able to burn more calories even when at rest.
8. Beans. These legumes do not only lower cholesterol but they also keep your blood sugar at a normal level. Beans are also good in suppressing the appetite, so you are less likely to indulge in a hearty meal afterwards.
9. Lean beef. Having a good serving of lean beef is a good way to control your hunger pangs. The amino acid Leucine found in lean beef helps build more muscles and lose more fat.
10. Olive oil. Adding olive oil in your salad or simply sautéing your vegetables with this kind of oil will help you lose weight more than other types of oil. It is rich in monosaturated fats which can help speed up your calorie-burning process.
11. Oats. Minimally processed oats are a good source of fibre. These are called “slow-release” carbohydrates and are ideally consumed at least three hours before a workout. Since they don’t spike your sugar levels, your body is likely to burn fat rather than store them.
12. Blueberries. All berries are good, but blueberries are even better. They are high in antioxidants and a cup of them can give you at least 3 grams of fibre too.
13. Sweet Potatoes. A medium-sized sweet potatoes contains 4 grams of fibre. Sweet potatoes also help regulate blood sugar levels and prevent you from unceremonious cravings of snacks.
OK Have you made your list? Great now head off to your favourite food outlet and stock the fridge and pantry. Well done you have taken that vital first step towards great health and weight loss. You will find that these good foods for weight loss are not complex or expensive. Some of them can even be eaten raw or with little preparation. In the next article in this series I will point in the direction of and provide you with some mouth watering recipes.
Sometimes even the best of efforts need a little help: In that case I recommend you have a look here for the perfect mineral and health suppliments to support you in your goal for vibrant health and perfect body weight: